SEBOC Happy Hour - Game Time + New Clubhouse Club for Vets and I/Os
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a Free Event. Be sure to check your email (even spam folder) for your ZOOM LINK after registering.
Join us for SEBOC Happy Hour with our Experts on Wednesday, July 14th at 6:00 pm ET!
30min MindTrap + 30 min New Club Talk
We're continuing to build community and belonging with a GAME TIME Happy Hour.
Join us (and bring a friend) for MINDTRAP, a game that will challenge the way you think!
We're also introducing a new Clubhouse (audio-only social media App) club geared specifically for Vets and I/Os.
SHOOTING THE SH#IO (WITH SARAH AND JEREMY)
For Veterans. For IO Practitioners.
Grow your career. Feel a sense of community and belonging. Feel heard and understood. Master verbal interactions.
Being a veteran in corporate America is tough.
It is likely that you’ve found yourself at some point struggling to find the right words to communicate WITH AND TO your civilian counterparts.
AS A VETERAN:
• You know how to lead but aren’t confident with leading civilians.
• You are afraid that you might become best friends with HR.
• You are mission-driven and see civilians as lacking focus.
• You aren’t sure where to start developing your career trajectory.
• You don’t want just any job and are looking to have meaning behind your work.
• You miss the structure and discipline that the military provided.
• You struggle with finding a sense of community with civilians.
• You become annoyed when roles and responsibilities are unclear.
• You are afraid of becoming just another suit.
What would your life be like if these worries were no longer at the front of your mind?
What if you knew just how to answer all of them with logical and actionable advice?
Come chat with two IO (workplace psychology) practitioners who give a SH#IO.
No more one size fits all approaches. No more barriers to entry.
Let’s discover what is holding you back as a veteran and build a community at the same time.
~To all our Industrial/Organizational Psychology colleagues out there - this club is for you too!~
AS AN IO:
• You love IO, but now that you have the academic credentials, you struggle with how to apply your knowledge, skills, and abilities in the field.
• You’re looking for a sense of community and belonging with other IOs.
• You struggle with defining your niche.
• You want to have a voice, and you want those in your company (or the recruiters/clients you speak to) to understand how you apply your passion to make an impact on personal and organizational effectiveness.
• You want to enhance the overall brand of IO and stop hearing “I’ve never heard of Industrial/Organizational Psychology”.
Follow on Clubhouse:
SHOOTING THE SH#IO (WITH SARAH AND JEREMY) (club)
Tricky Talks (club)
What to Say and How to Say It (club)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.
Once registering, you'll receive an email with your login info and steps to prepare for the workshop.
- SEBOC Happy Hour$0$00$0